[OOTB-distro] Clustering/load balancing Alfresco Commmunity

Torben Lauritzen tl at magus.dk
Wed May 6 15:56:04 BST 2015

On 06/05/2015, at 16.43, Andreas Steffan <a.steffan at contentreich.de> wrote:

> Afaik, that "transaction safe jvm memory caches sychronized between
> nodes" is the only added value the EE provides. Everything else (I am
> aware of) is not specific to alfresco at all.
>
> Am I missing something?

Perhaps not - then we just need the same things as enterprise.

> The thing is: I don't see any real world pain or demand for Alfresco
> specific clustering  (for CE). Thats all. ;)

People are using clustering for enterprise, and for good reason. For CE to be a real alternative to enterprise for big organizations, CE must also have clustering and load balancing (and other things that are nice about enterprise).

- Torben