[OOTB-distro] Addons for the distribution

Ben Chevallereau benjamin.chevallereau at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 00:37:19 BST 2014

Hi,

From my point of view, we should categorize add ons in 2 categories:

* Addons that provide new features

We can list:
- Javascript Console
- Unzip action
- And potentially all addons listed by the addons committee...

* Addons created for a learning point of view

- Custom workflow
- Custom model
- Custom transformer
- Custom preview
- Custom action
- …

This honeycomb edition (and we need to think about a new name, bc it’s not really sexy in my opinion) should definitely be used as well for a learning purpose. So, my logic is this one: if an add-on should be added into the honeycomb edition, it should be first validated and checked by the addons committee. For the learning addons, I’m not sure who should be responsible (addons or distro committee).

As well, it doesn’t really make sense to package the honeycomb edition with ALL supported modules. It would be interesting to provide a standard version with some modules, and to create a script to be able to install automatically new modules automatically.

What’s your opinion ?

Ben

--
Ben Chevallereau