[OOTB-distro] Packaging / Provisioning / Testing

Martin Cosgrave martin at ocretail.com
Mon Nov 10 18:51:52 GMT 2014

Well puppet is a means to an end, and I don't think it is necessarily
the best tool for the job, I'm not aware yet of anything better though.

For me, having a vagrant build is really important so that developers
can integrate their addons into the bee distro using a virtual system
they know is identical to the bee build system.

You got the correct URL for the vagrant/puppet build, currently it is
more or less working, at some point soon I will ask for some volunteers
to give it a quick run through and confirm that they can run it end to
end in its current form.

If you have a great idea for getting a distro up quicker with lighter
tools then I am really interested to hear about it. I'm particularly
interested in how you would propose to test the integrations of the
addons into the alfresco build and also what would actually be shipped,
i.e. what would the deployment look like, not vm images for you so maybe
.deb or .rpm? What tools would you use to build the deployment?

Cheers
Martin