[OOTB-distro] Packaging / Provisioning / Testing

Andreas Steffan a.steffan at contentreich.de
Mon Nov 10 17:11:03 GMT 2014

Given what Martin said on the hive list, it seems we have  packaging and
provisioning queued. To be honest, tools like vagrant, virtual machines,
puppet and packer do not matter in my world and I guess that won't
change soon. Docker is a different story though.

Anyways, it seems the music is playing at
https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/ootb-allinone-mysql, right? Does it
somehow play with https://github.com/maoo/alfresco-boxes?

Regarding testing, I think it is more or less the same story than the
other tools chosen so far. I think Selenium is heavy and paying off at
scale.

However, I would appreciate things to be light for a start. In the
testing case, I think the bulk of work can be done by real (volunteer)
people if we communicate this clearly. I think seeing human feedback
would also give us an idea how much serious interest  there is.

I do not think it makes sense to open another can of worms (source code
management) yet, does it?

cheers
Andreas

--
Andreas Steffan

Achter Billing 14
22399 Hamburg
Germany

skype: contentreich
M: +49 1793903615
T: +49 40 23943542
F: +49 40 23943542

http://www.contentreich.de

Contentreich : Alfresco WCM / ECM, JEE, Grails