[OOTB-infra] misdirecting honeycomb instance (@heiko)

Martin Cosgrave marsbard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:43:55 BST 2015

Hey all

this needs to be recorded here but at the moment only heiko can fix AFAIK

at the moment there is a default setup for vhosts which includes
redirection and ssl-termination; unfortunately the honeycomb build also
includes configuration for these things in its puppet config and so we
end up conflicting, in particular the redirection rules are conflicting
so https://beehive.orderofthebee.org/ gets a redirect error.

probably the ssl termination is an issue too since we firewall the
non-ssl ports

is there a way to get an unmodified request to the backend and let it
deal with ssl termination etc.?