[OOTB-infra] Fwd: ssh pubkeys

Heiko Robert heiko.orderofthebee.info at ecm4u.de
Wed Feb 18 18:33:04 GMT 2015

Hi Martin,

the keys of the infra team are stored on the wiki:
https://support.orderofthebee.org/projects/infra/wiki (s. Admins/Developers)
We could store the pub keys on github or more secure stuff on
support.orderofthebee.org's svn (which uses the same auth component).

Midterm I'd vote to run a samba4 server as active directory and kerberos
server. This would reduce any user management and authentication to one
place and would enable us to have all required users prepopulated on any
system (pfsense, vpn, vmware, redmine, alfresco, ssh, testsystems)
because they all support ldap and/or kerberos. To close the loop we can
store the public keys in the active directory which can be accessed by
ldap.

But to start kiss we should define a store/git/svn where everyone can
upload their keys. I'm a fan of naming conventions to avoid complex
code. So if people take care about naming their public key files and
additionally set their key comment with their unique bee account name
everything can be automated at a later time.

Heiko