[OOTB-infra] gitlab

Martin Cosgrave martin at ocretail.com
Wed Feb 18 13:33:44 GMT 2015

Gitlab is a great github-like git portal, but they also run it SaaS.
Unlike github, they allow you to have private projects without having to
pay.

I was thinking that it would be great to hold the ootb-users puppet
manifest I mentioned in the 'ssh pubkeys' thread in source control, and
while technically it would be OK to have it on github, it's just public
keys after all, making available the list of users on all the machines
as well as which ones have sudo access might be a bit too much
information to have hanging out in the world.

Accordingly I have created an 'orderofthebee' account on github.com. The
board have the password currently (we need to figure out how to share
this info with INFRA instead, another email to follow I guess) so if
anyone needs access to the private repo please let us know.