[OOTB-infra] Live showcase

Martin Cosgrave martin at ocretail.com
Thu Oct 16 09:35:37 BST 2014

One of our tasks in INFRA is to consider how to get a live showcase of
Alfresco, as well as to create a demo site where we can invite users to
try out their issues and problems.

Which version do we want for the showcase? The 5.0.x track seems
appropriate as it showcases new alfresco features but perhaps we will
prefer a more stable platform and merely showcase our additions?

The demo site... well maybe we need to be able to spin up whichever
version we require as and when we need it.

Hosting - we can try to host on vpsdime which is cheap ($7/mth for 6GB
RAM I think) but occasionally goes down, or do we want to chase up some
of the people who have offered us server space? I believe we have had
offers both from Alfresco via Richard Esplin and also from Ole's company.

I'm interested to hear the thoughts of the committee.

Thanks
Martin