[OOTB-hive] OrderOfTheBee Manifesto

Daren Firminger daren at digcat.com
Fri Dec 4 00:29:05 GMT 2020

Dear Bee's Well, activities within the Order and communication on this
mailing list have been in hibernation for quite a while! With the recent
acquisition by Hyland though, we have had some interesting discussions
which lead to a topic on which we would like the Order to start buzzing
again. With regards to our ongoing dialogue with Hyland, it was thought
that having a manifesto more detailed than our high level goals and
values could help to openly and transparently communicate to Hyland both
our individual commitment to engage with and within the community, and
our hopes and implied expectations for how Hyland engages with us. In
drafting such a manifesto, we would also have a chance ourselves to
reflect on the Order's values, goals, and what each of us may want from
a relationship with Hyland as the new owner of Alfresco. In order get
the ball rolling, we have compiled a draft in collaboration with various
members of the community, but want all members to be able to engage and
contribute on this. We have created a PR in our web site GitHub project
for a more document-centric discussion than would be possible on this
list: https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/OrderOfTheBee.github.io/pull/23

While the manifesto can be read with any comments via

https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/OrderOfTheBee.github.io/pull/23/files

the current raw draft can be found at
https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/OrderOfTheBee.github.io/blob/1c08ba6298b8501256ea9bb9bfbb1f178a1e4012/about/AlfrescoCommunityManifesto.md
Please take the time to read and comment on this draft, so we can add
things we may have missed or adapt aspects on which there may be
dissent. Our hope is that we can come to a generally agreed version to
put on our site, and then address it with Hyland. Keep buzzing ! Axel,
Daren, Younes, Douglas, Mikel OrderOrTheBee Board