[OOTB-hive] re review devcon submissions

Daren Firminger daren at digcat.com
Fri Sep 21 22:13:41 BST 2018

Hi All

Im happy to volunteer to help with the review of the Devcon submissions,
if wanted :)

On another issue, we have been wondering about what interest there is,
in the updating of the OOTB Puppet-alfresco build for 5.0.d.  The build
has reached an issue with an antiquated puppet version, originally this
was done on puppet 3, so we are hitting issues with libraries supporting
min puppet 4.

We wanted to guage the interest in still having a seperate OOTB
community build.  Originally the intention was to have an easy to
install and usable version, with good community addons already
installed, which could also be used for functional testing, when a
number of addons where installed.

Also, with new tooling options, like docker/kubernetes, ansible, salt,
puppet 5, chef, (another devops tool?), combinations,  we were wondering
if this shoud be revisited, should it be on some new deployment tooling
?  Currently my preference would be docker/kubernetes, but thats just my
preference, we want to hear your views on this subject.

So hopefully this sparks some interest, discussion and most importantly
involvement, those who would be keen to get involved please get in touch
on this mailing list, all ideas, suggestions welcome.

cheers

Daren