[OOTB-hive] OOTB Board member Election

Daren Firminger daren at digcat.com
Fri Jun 8 06:40:54 BST 2018

Dear Bees

My name is Daren Firminger, (Digcat on IRC), It was a nice surprise to
be nominated to work on the board of Order of the Bee.  My background
with Alfresco started back in 3, so not as long as some, but long enough
to see the vision of the Open source solution, in a market place
dominated by closed source products.  I worked with Martin Cosgrove
(Marsbard) on puppet-alfresco, and that continues to inspire my thinking
that an Open Source offering in this space is something worth fighting for.

What I promise to bring to the role, is a relentless passion to push the
Orders mission forward, to avoid the 'Zombie apocalypse' in what ever
way we can, arguably the role of Order of the Bee has never been more
critical.  I also want to see Alfresco held to their Open source
heritage, so it can remain a differentiator.

"The open nature of Alfresco doesn’t stop with open-source, it is the
people and the culture. We are an open-source, heritage company but the
open in the open-source, in the company culture goes way beyond the
software. It is really around us being transparent and being open with
each other and so there is a collaborative element to Alfresco that
really fits well, it’s what I have always tried to create when I am
creating my own teams and it’s the kind of ecosystem I also like to
exist in.”    CEO Bernadette Nixon

Should I be elected to the board, I would encourage more members from
the Enterprise user base to join the Order, as a way to get more
collaboration going between Enterprise and Commnunity users, so we can
evolve together as one united force.  Thank you for you time,

cheers

Daren