[OOTB-hive] New communication platform for our community?

Martin Cosgrave martin at bettercode.com
Mon May 22 18:16:39 BST 2017

Please, feel free to check out our new Mattermost chat server. It’s basically an open source Slack clone. While it doesn’t have as many out of the box integrations as Slack it does completely support webhooks.

It’s hosted at https://chat.orderofthebee.org <https://chat.orderofthebee.org/>

You can compare the features between it and slack here:  https://about.mattermost.com/slack-vs-mattermost/ <https://about.mattermost.com/slack-vs-mattermost/>

There is a bridge between the IRC channel and Mattermost too, so that everything in IRC appears in a Mattermost channel, and vice versa (for the bridge channel only)

Cheers
Martin