[OOTB-hive] Thoughts on Honeycomb that need your input

Andreas Steffan a.steffan at contentreich.de
Thu Jun 23 16:06:16 BST 2016

I was looking at the docker-alfresco project you are referring to. It
scared me away due to its complexity. Seems there is no way to run a
basic setup without container orchestration (which is complicated). It
comes with its own tool (grua). There is nothing wrong with fine grained
containers depending on each other as long as operating and maintaining
them is easy and stable. I do not feel OOTB has the resources to ensure
this today and I feared this project may become a maintainance burden. I
wanted something which immediately offers me value on a daily basis. I
wanted it to be dead simple to spin up a basic dev environment and to
enable basic production usage as well.

People at Alfresco have containers on their radar, and I am sure we will
see serious efforts coming from them. I'd appreciate to hear what they
are up to in this regard - short and medium term - to keep in line with
them.

Personally, I do not care about VMs, hypervisors and their toolchains.
Hence, I don't want those things to get in the way when working with
dockerized Alfresco. It may still make sense to share basic shell
scripts or things along those lines with efforts focusing around
virtualization.

cheers
Andreas

--
Andreas Steffan

Achter Billing 14
22399 Hamburg
Germany

skype: deas0815
M: +49 160 4694826
T: +49 40 23943542
F: +49 40 23943542

http://www.contentreich.de

Contentreich : Alfresco ECM, Clojure, Groovy und WordPress - aus Spaß und für Geld