[OOTB-hive] New communication platform for our community?

Tahir Malik tahir.malik at contezza.nl
Tue Jul 26 10:04:40 BST 2016

Hi Lutz,

I guess you misread the info. The word New is meant to replace our
current communication platform and at this moment it's IRC (and partly
mailinglist).
IRC is ancient and probably started up before I was even born :P.

So there is no harm in every now and than stand still if the used
platform is actual and maybe can be replaced by something even better.

Then again I'm opting for this cause in my opinion there is something
newer and better :).
And maybe after a year when another "thing" comes online and it's even
better than what we've been using then I'll opt for that.

I thought others were using it as well and if the others would back me
up it would have chance.
I don't want to start on a issues debate on IRC vs Slack or anything
else, in my opinion IRC lacks a lot of features other applications had
10 years ago.