[OOTB-hive] Beyond that page

Andreas Steffan a.steffan at contentreich.de
Mon May 25 13:18:57 BST 2015

Hallo everybody,

I'd like to start by saying that I do not blame anybody for anything. I
do no want to offend anybody and I am not suggesting anybody what to do
either.

Personally, I am ok with that comparison page and the wiki. I feel "I
know better" and I  have taken things for granted (long ago). And just
like Jeff, I am still happy with what I have been given today, albeit
there is a little fear value may decrease.

On the other hand, I am convinced both issues have at least one aspect
in common.  They appear unnecessarily negative to a certain audience.
Its about that very first impression, about the tldr; / newbie
experience. In the wiki case, that is  not a  CE vs. EE issue. And I
think there are further issues along those lines.

The overall situation reminds my of those "how people see each other"
pictures, like that one here:
http://www.buzzhunt.co.uk/wp-content/2013/10/How-everyone-sees-each-other-chart.jpg

just my 2 cent.

regards
Andreas

--
Andreas Steffan

Achter Billing 14
22399 Hamburg
Germany

skype: contentreich
M: +49 1793903615
T: +49 40 23943542
F: +49 40 23943542

http://www.contentreich.de

Contentreich : Alfresco ECM, Clojure, Groovy und WordPress - aus Spaß und für Geld