[OOTB-hive] CE looking bad?

Torben Lauritzen tl at magus.dk
Fri May 22 05:42:00 BST 2015

Good morning.

So everything boils down to:

"If you really want to use Alfresco (the product), you have to buy Alfresco EE."

That is exactly why I think the Open Source brand is being misused!

I very much appreciate the huge amount of work that Alfresco Inc. puts into developing the product, but I think we should stop fooling ourselves, and either accept the way things are, or try to build something truly Open Source, which can compete with EE.

@Alfresco employees: Even though I welcome your participation in the discussions, it would also be nice to have a real community discussion about these topics, where we discuss what the community would like, and not what view Alfresco Inc. has on it.

Regards,
Torben