[OOTB-hive] registry for models and namespaces?

Heiko Robert heiko.orderofthebee.info at ecm4u.de
Thu May 21 14:28:53 BST 2015

to focus more on stuff we could do:

At the moment we are in the process of releasing a (totally reworked)
common alfresco model for business documents. This brings up the old
discussion: how to avoid name clashes in namespaces, how to share models
with others, how to make sure they fit with others?

Beside the fact that I would appreciate to make any model public
available I would suggest to:

#1 create a simple registry on the ootb infrastructure to allow anybody
to register a model namespace and optionally link the model.

#2 specify and develop a common model foundation accompanied/governed by
experienced people to avoid all the beginner's mistakes we see in the
field and to allow everybody to just use models if you need them

any thoughts, volunteers?

Heiko