[OOTB-hive] The Future of Alfresco Summit

Ole Hejlskov ole at phpfreak.dk
Wed Jul 8 20:06:03 BST 2015

I would suggest setting up a committee for BeeCon. We would be more than happy to set a meeting to get things started and to discuss the level of involvement we can provide VS the level of involvement you would like from Alfresco. We are excited to see how we can help organise and support BeeCon to make a great conference.

I am on holidays this week and next week, after that I’m back in action. In the mean time, maybe we should setup the committee?

As for Alfresco Days, our marketing team is currently working hard to grow the list of Alfresco days all over the world, and I am working with them to ensure we have a great technical, developer focused track added to these events. The general idea is to have one or two shared sessions to kick the event off, then break out into separate rooms for the rest of the day. We’re still working on the details, the first Alfresco Day to feature a developer track will be in San Francisco in August (https://www.alfresco.com/events/alfresco-day-san-francisco <https://www.alfresco.com/events/alfresco-day-san-francisco>), expect more updates on this soon.

We are not doing this to save money, but to put the money to better use. Cancelling Summit allows us to do more Alfresco Days and allow some budget for BeeCon.

/Ole