[OOTB-hive] Stepping down from the board

Ole Hejlskov ole at phpfreak.dk
Thu Apr 9 21:26:23 BST 2015

My fellow bees!

Over the last couple of months I've been a little quiet both on my blog, irc and in The Order. This is because I've been working to hand off all my tasks at my previous job at Magenta. After a little vacation I joined Alfresco last week as the new developer evangelist.
http://ohej.dk/2015/04/im-going-on-an-adventure/

http://blogs.alfresco.com/wp/an-alfresco-welcome-to-ole-hejlskov/

This means a few things:
As the bylaws clearly states, an Alfresco employee cannot be either a voting member or on the board, so I resign my spot on the board, effective immediately. I ask that I keep my membership in the order, but as an Alfresco employee.

I now get to work with the things I enjoy and love on full time. I will help improve developer experience, help new developers, work with documentation and a lot more.

A lot of stuff is changing in the way Alfresco handles the community, and I'm happy to be part of these changes. Believe me when I say that these changes will mean a stronger community presence, not the opposite.

I'm still getting settled in at my new job and there are lots of new things for me to learn. Once I get settled in, I look forward to work closely with all of you and collaborate with the order to make the community even better!

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me directly or here on the list.

/Ole