[OOTB-hive] Announcement: By-laws accepted

Boriss Mejias tchorix at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 22:05:29 BST 2014

Dear Bees,

We just hold an important meeting with the board members, and after some
minor observations that I describe below, we have unanimously approved the
by-laws of the Order Of The Bee. Feel free to celebrate as you prefer!

Voting members:

- The board is the current set of voting members, and we will start
expanding the set in batches.
- The set of voting members will be managed with a private mailing list:
private at orderofthebee.org
- Voting is not just a right, it's also a responsibility, therefore, and as
long discussed on the list already, we concluded that Alfresco employees
cannot be voting members, not only as a matter of keeping independence of
the Order, but mainly as a way of avoiding conflicts for them when voting
on sensitive topics.

Board:

- The period of each elected board will be one year.
- The first elected board will start its period in January 2015.

Sponsorship:

- We have added a paragraph describing the possibility of accepting
sponsorship in forms of goods and services, but not in direct cash.
- Details about how to sponsor are not part of the by-laws, but will be
publicly available on the web site.

That's it for the by-laws. As an extra announcement, I'm taking
responsibility of giving a gentle kick in the butt to the committees so
that they get things done, and report about it. The first report is
expected before the Alfresco Summit in London. More about kicks in the butt
on this Calvin & Hobbes strip:
http://beavergeddon.blogspot.be/2008/09/swift-kick-in-butt.html

That's it!
Enjoy your honey