[OOTB-hive] [GOV] Draft by-laws

Richard Esplin richard.esplin at alfresco.com
Thu Sep 4 15:35:03 BST 2014

I was thinking about how committee votes would work in an ongoing basis.
Restricting committee votes to just some members of a committee (non-Alfresco
employees) will get hard to manage. How do you decide what is a formal vote
and what is simple collaboration? When that line comes, it will be awkward to
ask some members of the committee to step aside. Being the potential recipient
of that exclusion, I would find it demotivating.

Mentally working through those scenarios causes me to feel strongly about
Alfresco employees voting on the committees where they contribute. I am in
agreement that Alfresco employees should be excluded from votes sent to the
general membership, and I do not feel that committee votes undermine the
independence of the Order from Alfresco.

Richard

--
Richard Esplin
Head of Community

Alfresco
Simple + Smart

alfresco.com | twitter.com/alfresco | facebook.com/alfrescosoftware |
blogs.alfresco.com | linkedin.com/company/alfresco | youtube.com/alfresco101

Join us at Alfresco Summit | San Francisco, Sep 23-25 | London, Oct 7-9 |
http://summit.alfresco.com

<snip>