[OOTB-hive] [GOV] Draft by-laws

Richard Esplin richard.esplin at alfresco.com
Thu Sep 4 15:29:37 BST 2014

I agree with Oksana that having a name and photo on the web site should be
reserved for contributors. I think that is easily solved by restricting it to
voting members. It can be treated as a different issue than who gets to be a
"member".

I don't think it should be required to be part of a committee to be a voting
member of the order. People can be contributing members of the community
without wanting to participate in one of the narrowly defined actions of the
committees.

As for who would remove voting rights, I think that is safely done as a board
action on a semi-annual basis with appeals possible as a vote to the general
membership.

Richard

<snip>