[OOTB-hive] [Ootb-hive] The Order of the Bee

Richard Esplin richard.esplin at alfresco.com
Thu Jun 19 22:37:46 BST 2014

I had a meeting with Alfresco executive staff. I was pleasantly surprised by
how the members of the team are committed to a strong Community Edition
offering.

Our model is open core, and we will continue to release plugins and advanced
features that are Enterprise-only. We will likely increase the difference
between Community Edition and Enterprise Edition.

But the executive team understands the value of a robust Community Edition
that provides a lot of value. They are planning on adding features and
continuing to release great stuff. They know that our open source community
contributions build our ecosystem and make the product more useful. They
understand that a good Community Edition experience encourages people to
become our customers.

Expect a formal public statement on this topic in the next while.

Cheers,

Richard

--
Richard Esplin
Head of Community

Alfresco
Simple + Smart

alfresco.com | twitter.com/alfresco | facebook.com/alfrescosoftware |
blogs.alfresco.com | linkedin.com/company/alfresco | youtube.com/alfresco101

Join us at Alfresco Summit | San Francisco, Sep 23-25 | London, Oct 7-9 |
http://summit.alfresco.com