[OOTB-hive] Some more ideas

Jan Pfitzner ecm.expert at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 11:11:38 BST 2014

First of all: nice ideas & vision - I'm going to join if you like.

A few suggestions regarding internal organization:

1) we should use sth. like a task board to manage our ideas & tasks. We
could use trello.com as our backlog or waffle.io if we gonna use github.
A few of you may now that I'm also developing a trello-like board for
Alfresco using Angular & Alfresco Dynamic Extensions - here is a screencam:
http://quick.as/zrd0udvw
It's currently not Open Source but it is supposed to be. I'll push it to
github if we wonna use it here.

2) As you already planning we'll need a web presence. I wouldn't use
Alfresco WCM here...let's have a look for a much lighter approach like
github pages or hugo (https://github.com/spf13/hugo).

3) Domain. Imho, we should use a non-Alfresco domain to clarify the
independence. I'm owner of the alfrecians.org domain - I'll contribute the
domain to this project if you like to use it.

I've also written a blog post recently regarding  "the future of Alfresco's
community": http://blog.alfrescian.com/?p=284

cheers, jan