[OOTB-hive] Community contributions to Alfresco Software - Can OOTB make sure it is properly rewarded?

Richard Esplin richard.esplin at alfresco.com
Thu Aug 21 19:06:38 BST 2014

For Alfresco to accept a contribution, we need rights to re-license it for
inclusion in Enterprise Edition. We either get those rights by making sure
code we use is already licensed under a liberal license (Apache), or by
getting a contribution agreement.

When you release your code, you should make sure that the license you pick
supports your goals.

I agree that our engineering team needs to get better at working with
contributors. Our team often duplicates work that the community has already
done. I hope I can help Alfresco to accept more contributions, and be more
proactive in communicating with contributors. The way to achieve this goal is
through education and cooperation.

Richard