[OOTB-hive] Order Membership, Voting and responsibilities

Martin Cosgrave martin at ocretail.com
Thu Aug 14 10:46:17 BST 2014

On 14/08/14 09:29, Oksana Kurysheva wrote:
> If I missed something, please add more points to the proposed petition
> :) I created an #ootb channel in IRC to discuss points quicker. Or
> should we create a hangout in Google for it? I believe we can form the
> final text this week and start voting on Monday.

I believe that with freenode you can have the name of your organisation
as your channel name if you are an open source software project, so we
could have #orderofthebee without any problem, however, since ootb is
not directly our name, and further that it can be confused with 'out of
the box' (on purpose, but still...) then if we were to use it we'd need
to use freenode's naming convention which would be to have a double hash
on the channel name.

So either "#orderofthebee" or "##ootb" would be ok I think. I believe
there's a process whereby a freenode team member can supervise the
creation of new channels but I don't think it's necessary for "##ootb"

The advantage to the single-hash name is that we can then treat it as a
namespace for further channels, for example "#orderofthebee-projects", etc.

Martin