[OOTB-distro] Honeycomb: Interested in learning more about the use of Puppet

Peter Monks peter.monks at alfresco.com
Tue Jun 2 20:46:01 BST 2015

G’day guys,

Congratulations on the release of Honeycomb v1.0!  It’s great to see the Order gaining momentum!

One of the elements of the release caught my eye - specifically the use of Puppet for provisioning.  As the Alfresco product manager responsible for the “system administrator” persona, I’d be interested in finding out a little more about the decision to use Puppet, the pros and cons of it compared to similar technologies (Chef, Ansible, Salt, etc.), and to hear what you’re planning next, if you’re interested in doing so.

Are you the right folks to discuss this with, and if so, would you be interested in a chat on these topics?  I expect we’d need an hour to an hour and a half, but I’m happy to go shorter or longer to fit in with your schedules.  and of course I’m more than happy to extend the invitation to anyone else in the Order who was involved in this decision and the implementation of the Puppet componentry - Richard suggested I reach out to you two first as members of the Order’s distro sub-committee.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Peter Monks
Director of Platform Product Management
Mobile: +1 415 734 6316
Skype: pmonks

[Alfresco - Simple + Smart]<http://www.alfresco.com/>

[Alfresco]<http://www.alfresco.com/> [Twitter] <http://twitter.com/alfresco>  [Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/alfrescosoftware>  [Feed] <http://blogs.alfresco.com/>  [LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/alfresco>  [YouTube] <http://www.youtube.com/alfresco101>