[OOTB-distro] Packaging / Provisioning / Testing

Andreas Steffan a.steffan at contentreich.de
Tue Nov 11 13:12:33 GMT 2014

Do you feel comfortable with Docker already?

In general, its ok with me to share what I have. It is a bit messy
generally and specifically due to issues with AUFS and the bitrock
installer. Besides, the alfresco Dockerfile has dependency chain to
stuff we may not want in distro.

In case you  are new to Docker, you may be better off to try out
something proven and documented.
https://github.com/pblittle/docker-logstash may serve  as a starter.
Could also be that the Alfresco repos  at
https://registry.hub.docker.com/repos/maoo/  make a better start for distro.

However, even though I think Docker may be better than alternative
approaches based on VMs here and there, it still feels a bit heavy. Do
we really want machinery of that scale at this time? Wouldn't  it be
enough to just mess with/ship "bestof-repo" amp or jar extensions for now?

--
Andreas Steffan

Achter Billing 14
22399 Hamburg
Germany

skype: contentreich
M: +49 1793903615
T: +49 40 23943542
F: +49 40 23943542

http://www.contentreich.de

Contentreich : Alfresco WCM / ECM, JEE, Grails