[OOTB-addons] Review of Uploader-Plus - Input required

Axel Faust axel.faust at prodyna.com
Thu Mar 12 10:03:34 GMT 2015

Hello guys,

last weekend I used the input from Angels informal review from end of last year and went ahead to review the current state of Uploader Plus. The result so far is available here: https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/addons/blob/master/addon-reviews/Uploader%20Plus.md

In summary, the addon fulfills all current criteria (there still has been only little feedback on criteria draft in other discussion – come on guys) except one of “should” classification. That criteria normally would not warrant a FAIL grade if it was the only one not being met – e.g. the JavaScript console also did not meet this at the time of the review. The only problem with Uploader Plus is that the extent to how it does not meet that particular criteria also adds potential stability / regression issues to an Alfresco system it is installed on. E.g. any Enterprise user installing this on the most recent service packs of Alfresco 4.2 and 5 will inadvertently reintroduce bugs that have already been solved.

I’d like to hear your input on this. Would you classify this addon as PASS against the current criteria, a FAIL or a CONDITIONAL PASS provided that the stability / regression issues are addressed soon?

FYI: I have begun to prepare a recommendation for a possible solution to the extensibility part of the issue, but I have yet to tackle the trickier question of how to deal with support for fixes / changes in Alfresco releases. (my fork: https://github.com/AFaust/uploader-plus/tree/customer-extensibility)

Regards
Axel