[OOTB-addons] Peter Monks on AMPs Validation

Axel Faust axel.faust at prodyna.com
Mon Aug 3 08:42:19 BST 2015

Hello Angel,

I am familiar with the validation criteria that are the basis of the tool. Peter Monks was kind enough to share it with Bindu / Jeff, who forwarded it to me. Since it was not considered to be public then, Peter asked us not to distribute it publicly. Since this is on GitHub (only now or even then?) then this restriction no longer applies.
Some of the criteria in this document should already be covered roughly in our criteria catalog. Some are difficult to test for or require source-level analysis – since there was some concern on this mailing list about checking for too much, I left those criteria out of our catalog. There are also a few criteria that I can understand why they might be in place, but can’t agree with the reasoning behind them, i.e. API05, COM09 (both CMIS and FTS are valid) or STB20 (default is readwrite, which can hide issues / programming mistakes in supposedly read-only operations).
But all in all it is a good starting point in general…

Regards
Axel