[OOTB-addons] Documenting / organising acceptance criteria

Angel Borroy angel.borroy at keensoft.es
Sun Nov 16 20:08:34 GMT 2014

Uploader Plus - Informal Review

Github: https://github.com/softwareloop/uploader-plus

Non-technical
1, 2, 3 - License GNU LGPL 3
4 - Only Alfresco libraries
5 - Non informed
6 - Maven
7 - Not currently on addons (but inboxes from the same author is in)
8 - http://softwareloop.com/uploader-plus-installation/ (outside addons)
9 - https://github.com/softwareloop/uploader-plus
10 - http://softwareloop.com/uploader-plus-installation/, http://softwareloop.com/uploader-plus-configuration/, http://softwareloop.com/uploader-plus-working-with-custom-content-types/
11 - Only Alfresco libraries are required (not listed)

Technical
1 - AMP
2 - AMP
3 - AMP
4 - /
5 - /
6 - AMP
7 - NO (We can provide AMP ready to deploy, it should be our add value on this)
8 - share + repo
9 - ok
10 - AMP
11 - AMP + Maven SDK
12 - Maven
13 - ok
14 - ok
15 - ok
16 - ok
17 - ok
18 - ok
19 - ok (REPEAT 18)
20 - ok
21 - ok
22 - ok
23 - ok
24 - ok
25 - ok
26 - ok
27 - ok
28 - ok
29 - ok
30 - ok

It overrides dnd-upload.get.html.ftl, flash-upload.get.html.ftl, html-upload.get.html.ftl but we have no check on this.

Compatibility
1 - 4.2.f
2 - ok
3 - ok
4 - Chrome / Firefox / Safari (tested by me, it could be another add value from OOTB)
5 - ok
6 - ok

Conclusions
This addon should be in if there were AMP ready to deploy and if FTL override should be accepted
Tech 18 and Tech 19 are repeated in our check list
OOTB add value possibilities
Provide ready to deploy AMPs
Test addons on common browsers
We need to include FTL extension criteria on our Tech section?
My review has been done examining the code by my own, but it should be nice to have some tools in order to inspect Alfresco bean utilization, use of Alfresco API and any other check that should be checked programmatically
On the other hand, I’ve written to Paolo to thank him this beauty code and to suggest him one possible addition. Should we do this beside OOTB brand?

Finally, on the subjective point of view. I think it’s a great code to adapt to many projects but I feel it’s not a ready to use artifact. However, there are few modifications to be done to get this ready to use level.

Regards,

Angel Borroy
keensoft

email:   angel.borroy at keensoft.es
web:     http://www.keensoft.es
móvil:  +34 655 47 47 55

CONFIDENCIALIDAD:

La presente comunicación y, en su caso, los ficheros que lleve adjuntos, pertenecen exclusivamente a las personas a las que va dirigido y puede contener información confidencial. Si usted no es el destinatario de este mensaje (o la persona responsable de su entrega), considérese advertido de que lo ha recibido por error y que cualquier uso, difusión, reenvío o copia están prohibidos legalmente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, por favor notifíquelo al remitente y proceda a destruirlo inmediatamente.

This message and the attached documents may contain privileged/confidential information and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to such a person) be advised that you have received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify it to the sender and destroy it immediately.

En 13 de noviembre de 2014 en 20:18:04, Martin Cosgrave (martin at ocretail.com) escrito:

I like the wiki entries. The inclusion checklist is kind of scary but the descriptive text looks good to me.

I will probably pick a few from the candidates list and implement them in the distro build and see how I get on.

Martin